Position: Mechanical Drafter
GLM Hydro LLC. is a young and dynamic company in thermal separation technology applications, headquartered in Manasquan, New Jersey.
We offer engineered process equipment and systems designed to meet and exceed our customers’ needs. We design and deliver evaporation, crystallization, and drying solutions for a multitude of organic and inorganic products.
We are committed to being the best in the field of evaporation and drying through our professionalism, dedication, and keeping our customers’ interests at heart. We strive to ensure that our services are a quality, cost-effective alternative for small companies, global organizations, and everything in between in the food, dairy, and chemical industries.
GLM Hydro is growing rapidly, and we are looking for a full-time Mechanical Drafter to join our growing team in a fast-paced environment at our Crofton, Maryland, location. The successful candidate can work in project teams and is a creative asset for each project. Since no two projects are alike, your knowledge will get the chance to grow.
The ideal candidate will have substantial working experience with Autodesk products, particularly AutoCAD Plant 3D and Inventor. Responsibilities will include P&ID design, solid model design, schematic capture, and support for engineering and design.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Use parametric CAD (Inventor) software to create 3D models of parts and assemblies using a variety of manufacturing materials & processes, including sheet metal, structural steel, welding, and casting.
- Create 3D parts/assembly models for small to large assemblies and plant layouts
- Create 2D detail drawings for customer review and fabrication from 3D models
- Works from rough sketches and specifications created by engineers.
- Coordinates with others to design, layout, or detail components and systems and to resolve design or other problems.
- Prepare as-built documentation based on redlines and/or site/fabricator surveys.
- Use Plant3D to create Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams.
- Use Plant3D to create Process Flow Diagrams.
- Construction Scopes of Work and Specifications
- Compose pump, valve, and instrument lists from drawings
- Support development of project engineering bids
- Support development of engineering scopes of work
- Support development of total install cost estimates
- Development of scope change orders
- Input to project schedule – development and ongoing
- Component selection process through online means or direct interaction with suppliers
- Write clear, concise, and thorough test procedures, technical specifications, and manuals
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Associate degree or completion of a technical trade school in CAD, drafting, or related field, or any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- 3+ Years of related experience creating parts/assemblies using Autodesk Inventor or equivalent parametric modeling software.
- Experience or interest in processes and process equipment
- Working knowledge of standard Microsoft Office applications (MS Office – Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Understanding of Mechanical design, fabrication, and assembly practices.
- Able to work with minimal supervision, efficiently schedule and manage time.
- Strong attention to detail
- Well organized
- Advantageous to have knowledge of industry standards, such as 3A, USDA, cGMP, NEC, UL, and CE
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures
- This position does require a minimum of domestic travel (≤ 5%) to equipment installation locations or fabrication shops
- Must have a valid Driver’s License
- Must possess good English language communication, verbal and written.
- Must be able to sit for work at a desk
- Must be able to talk, listen and speak clearly in person or via phone.
- Ability to climb ladders, bend, lift and carry up to 40 lbs. during shop and plant visits.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities required of the employee for this job. The duties of this position may change at the discretion of GLM Hydro, LLC and without advance notice to the employee.
- Dental Insurance
- Medical Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
GLM Hydro, LLC offers competitive wages and benefits package. GLM Hydro, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.