Are you looking for a position where you can use your skills as part of a team to create an innovative solution to challenging industrial processes?
Do you enjoy being a part of a team that takes challenges head-on, requiring you to use the knowledge you have acquired and encourages you to think outside the box? Each project is different; no two are alike never allowing you to get bored.
GLM Hydro is a young and dynamic New Jersey-based company in thermal separation technology applications and GLM Hydro is growing rapidly.
We offer engineered process equipment and systems designed to meet and exceed our customers’ needs. We design and deliver evaporation, crystallization, and drying solutions for a multitude of organic and inorganic products.
We are committed to being the best in the field of evaporation and drying through our professionalism, dedication, and by keeping the interests of our customers at heart. We strive to ensure that our services are a quality, cost-effective alternative for small companies, global organizations, and everything in between in the food, dairy and chemical industries.
As a team member, you will be responsible for leading and developing the design and creating drawings and documentation to construct your solution and then see your effort started up and work as part of the commissioning team.
Your attitude, experience, professionalism, and customer service are a vital part of this role. We are looking for an individual that can “hit the ground running.” You will not be an island, you will be assigned a project, or portions thereof, that are your responsibility to complete on time, in scope, and in budget. Your experience as a project engineer will be critical as you develop equipment arrangements, draft/design constructible solutions, and coordinate with other team members and customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Technical design of fluid and heat transfer systems for projects involving evaporation & evaporative crystallization and ancillary support equipment, mainly at Food and Dairy production facilities. Maintains GLM Hydro’s integrity, professionalism, and profitability during process design and project execution.
The Process Engineer must exhibit emotional composure, be a logical problem solver, and have a willingness to work with many personality types and individuals within the GLM Hydro organization and on customers’ plant location of varying technical aptitude to complete successful startups of systems.
- Work under the direction of the assigned Project Manager to communicate with customers including travel to customers’ facilities for meetings, collection of information for installation, technical process parameters, controls interface, and production downtimes.
- Develop Process & Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID) and Process Flow Diagrams (PFD) for assigned projects.
- Perform fluid dynamic and thermodynamic calculations to size pumps, piping, valves, heat exchangers, steam, and cooling loads for assigned projects.
- Specify pumps, valves, heat exchangers, etc., and prepare requisition forms so these components can be purchased.
- Ensure that contractual scope and specified requirements are being met by the process design.
- Must be willing to communicate with project manager/customers, in a timely manner, to address technical, operating, or financial discrepancies.
- Provide detailed overviews and direction to GLM Hydro’s subcontractors assigned to the project.
- Assist project manager and/or sales in obtaining drawing approvals and informational needs.
- Support sales and estimating to provide technical review of proposals, preparation of pre-bid P&IDs, and general arrangement drawings. Also, assist with technical and cost evaluation of vendor and subcontractor bids and the proposals to customers.
- Provide on-site overview and verification of installation to ensure it conforms to the project documentation as well as the industry-standard practices.
- Assist in on-site start-up, commissioning, and training of customer personnel.
- Work with the Project Manager to resolve design discrepancies, customer punch lists, and/or warranty issues.
- Must provide sufficient on-site presence for direction of the onsite project team members The amount of time needed on-site will vary depending on the specific projects.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- BS in Engineering (Chemical, Mechanical, Food Science).
- Three (3) years of experience in fluid or thermal system/equipment design
- High level of computer proficiency (MS Office – Word, Excel and Outlook, AutoCAD products)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate with the other project team members being in- and external as well as the customer engineers.
- Must be able to maintain composure when under pressure and work with a team to meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive, professional attitude and providing exemplary customer service.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed GLM Hydro routines, and industry practices.
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Must be a self-managing individual that will take ownership of the assigned project.
- Ability to travel approximately 50% and up to 85% of the time which will involve overnight stays. Mostly national but also includes some international traveling.
- Candidate must be able to acquire a Passport.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License.
- Additional languages like German or Dutch are a plus.
- Must be able to sit for work at a desk.
- Ability to walk, climb ladders, bend, lift and carry up to 40 pounds in an industrial plant.
- Must be able to talk, listen and speak clearly in person or via phone.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. The duties of this position may change at the discretion of GLM Hydro, LLC and without advance notice to the employee.
GLM Hydro, LLC offers competitive wages and benefit package. GLM Hydro, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.
Download this job description as PDF